Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Josh Boone mentions TFIOS in a recent interview with Shockya - reveals shooting location


SY: In the future, would you be interested in both writing and directing films you work on?

JB: Yeah, I’m getting ready to make a movie for Fox right now, called ‘The Fault in Our Stars,’ which is based on a best-selling novel by John Green. I wrote the script for ‘Pretenders,’ which I’m going to do after that. I wrote the script with Judy Cairo, who produced ‘Stuck in Love.’ So I’m booked for two, and hopefully I get to keep working after that.

‘The Fault in Our Stars’ is a young adult novel by John Green, who’s a very famous novelist, and has a very strong online presence. He does YouTube videos with his brother that millions of people watch. He wrote this beautiful book about two teenagers who meet at a cancer support group and fall in love. It’s very snarky and cynical and funny, and says interesting things about life and death. We cast Shailene Woodley from ‘The Descendants’ in that. We’re going to shoot that in Pittsburgh, staring on August 26. 

When I came to this one, the script was already on the table. The guys who wrote ‘(500) Days of Summer’ (Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber) adapted the script. It was such a beautiful script, I really wanted to do it. I was really lucky that Fox liked the movie, and let me do it.

Read the whole interview at the Source / via

4 comments:

  1. But the Amsterdam part will actually be shot in Amsterdam, right? Because that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7/04/2013

      Hopefully!
      DFTBA x

      Delete
    2. Yes, it will. Josh Boone confirmed that here. http://tfios-movie.blogspot.co.at/2013/06/filming-to-start-in-august-info-about.html

      Delete
  2. Whoa!!! Why not shot in Indy? That's silly.

    ReplyDelete