Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Shailene talks about her TFIOS fear with Pioneer Press


Pioneer Press
While promoting The Spectacular Now, Shailene expressed her excitement for TFIOS, as well as her (and thousands of other fans') biggest TFIOS movie fear:


Later next year, there will be the hugely anticipated adaptation of the young adult bestseller, "The Fault in Our Stars." The book is a funny/sad romance about two kids with cancer who find each other, and Woodley is well aware fans of the book will be livid if the movie messes it up.
"Oh. My. Gosh. I. Am. So. In. Love. With. That Book," Woodley says. "I read the script a year and a half ago and then immediately read the book. I had never read anything that had such an important, universal message and such a beautiful story. I fought so hard for this movie, and I can honestly say that getting to do it is one of the biggest honors in my life."
Which gives Woodley another task to add to the others she is juggling: Make sure "The Fault in Our Stars" is a good film.
"It's a huge responsibility," Woodley says. "I was telling (writer John Green) the other day, 'My biggest fear is that we won't do your beautiful book justice.' But the script is great, and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure we do it as well as we possibly can."

She also talks The Spectacular Now, Divergent and her growing movie career. Check out the rest of her interview at Pioneer Press

via

No comments:

Post a Comment